Things to do on Meta Search
1. Google Business Listing:
Check website button, direction/location of the property and OTA rates.
2. TripAdvisor :
Check Ownership of Business Listing, Reviews Reply, Photographs and OTA Rates.
3. Trivago :
Check if the rates are floating for every OTA.
Things to do For OTA’s
- Channel Connected must include Agoda, AirBnB, Booking.com, Cleartrip, Expedia, Goibibo, Makemytrip, Travelguru, Yatra and VIA.
- Check Rates on each OTA website and Application.
- Main Image of the property should be same in all OTA (suggestion to add room category image as the main image as it brings guest to the main page of property).
- Make rates common for all around the year and run a discount on off season.
- Create Minimum Length of stay on Long Weekends, High Peak Season and festive Period.
- Use of channel manager to update rates and inventory regularly, Give access to staff for inventory management using user management option.
- Check content score in each OTA and also set a competitor to get what prices they are selling at.
- Reviews reply and question reply to the guest is a must.
- Always ask the guest to post a review and make a better relation for a positive feedback.
- Evaluation of last year booking with the current year, if there is a downfall gets expert advice from your relationship manager/person who is handling the OTA.
- Ensure each room category and rate plan is created on every OTA and rates validity is for next 12 months at least.
- Most important, Acknowledge all the bookings from the OTA and build a good relation with the Marketing Manager of OTA.
Thing to do on Official Website
- Relevant Keywords to be added like Hotels in City Name, Best Hotels in City Name, Hotels near Attraction Point and City Name.
- Check a basic SEO on website like page speed test, fav icon, Google analytics code, Image Tags,Social Media Links and Postings etc.
- Always provides best rates when booking directly from official website,Google, TripAdvisor and Trivago. 10% less rates from the OTA is feasible and also appropriate.
- Booking Engine, Payment Gateway and Rate Widget (Comparison of OTA Prices on Official Website).
- Queries from the website should be entertained on highest priority. Check query form of website and allocate someone who can respond to them. Build a lead management process within the organization or use channel manager offline tool to trace them.